[MPlayer-dev-eng] wishlist round 3

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Fri Aug 30 16:29:51 CEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 04:31:55AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Seems like the wishlist is settling down a little.  Now we need to
> know how to present this.  Arpi suggested wishlist.html to be added to
> the docs and thus the webpage, Michael said we might put it into a
> table where every developer can add his name next to each item if he
> wishes to tackle it.  We should probably combine this and put a
> prominent link somewhere on the web page, so that somebody sees this
> and starts hacking away ;)

I think users should be able to add "wishes" too, at least the
developers can then say RTFwl if sthg is asked all the
time and we may get more input/ideas like this. But that's
probably better handled over mail/webinterface/bugzilla or
sthg like this.

>  * develop new video overlay interface (something like vidix but with
>    less idiotic interface and more compatible with Xv for easier
>    driver porting)

Afaik Nick's already working on a new interface and will (again
afaik) release it as an independent project of mplayerxp.

And what about:

* Seeking support for non-keyframes

Regards
    Jonas