[MPlayer-dev-eng] unsigned int or uint32_t?

Andriy N. Gritsenko andrej at lucky.net
Thu Aug 29 16:21:02 CEST 2002

    Hi!

    Is it good to think if mmioFOURCC() returns unsigned int? AFAIK, that
macrofunction returns unsigned 32bit value, well known as uint32_t (in
POSIX at least). In many cases sizeof(unsigned int)==sizeof(uint32_t) but
I'm not sure if this is the same ever. May be it's cause of troubles
noticed by Colin Leroy too?
    BTW, in my own project I use uint32_t in many cases and I have in my
configure.in statement: AC_CHECK_HEADERS(stdint.h) - that resolves many
of possible problem. :)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.

P.S. The same I could say about unsigned long long and uint64_t too. ;)