[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Aug 29 13:13:41 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > >  * modularize all VOs and AOs, like vidix drivers; it'd make the main
> > >    binary smaller and packager's job easier
> >
> > Should be optional IMHO for debian packages for example, donno..
>
> ... and RPM packages, too. I agree - it should be an explicit build-time
> option, i.e. --enable-dynamic={vo,ao,...}

of course.
it must be optional, and disabled by default.

anyway the mplayer binary can support dynamic loading even if the normal
codecs drivers etc are compiled in, but this way third-party plugins can
work.

for my plan, it will search the compiled-in drivers first, if no match then
it will try to dlopen vo_sdl.so and if failed then fail.
maybe we also need a way to force usage of the external plugin? maybe prefer
external one to internal if both exists?

> wishlist at mplayerhq.hu ? Or perhaps some automated system like bugzilla
> would be helpful. Which reminds me: why aren't we using bugzilla
> or something like that yet?

dunno

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team