[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Thu Aug 29 12:50:38 CEST 2002

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:37:07AM +0200, rsnel at cube.dyndns.org wrote:
>   * ability of vo drivers to request 'scaling' playback speed of fixed
>     fps movies. (so that mplayer would automatically speed up 23.97 fps
>     material to 25 fps for playback on a pal tv (i.e. the sound will be
>     played faster too to stay in sync, the pitch becomes higher)

This would be nice for ff/slow motion playback, configured
through keyboard :)
I tried to implement sthg like this, but I always got problems with
audio/sync/buffer/etc... Afaik it the possible sound playback speed
if based on srate depends on the driver and is limited, donno.
Muting would be a choice but then you'll get problems if you
unmute it (sync) and I didn't know how to solve the buffer
problem... :(

Regards
    Jonas