[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist round 2

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Aug 29 11:59:54 CEST 2002

Hi

On Thursday 29 August 2002 03:14, Diego Biurrun wrote:
[...]
> There is one thing I'd like to see done some day and since nobody
> seems willing to do it I will give out a reward to the one that
> finally tackles it:
>
>  * Rewrite divx4_vbr.c
>
> Yes, this is serious, start negotiating the donation you would like to
> have.
whats wrong with lavc?
btw, perhaps we could hack lavc ratecontrol a bit and use it for divx4 (no iam
not voluteering for that)

[...]
> What I would like to discuss now is how to present this, we want to
> attract coders after all..  Put this into DOCS/tech/wishlist?  Create
> www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/wishlist.html?  Both?  Mail this to -users
> and hope for reactions?
> I'd like to hear about your suggestions.

btw we could just make a table of it so theres a column for the name of the
developer who is working on it ... so developers could simply cvs commit to
it if they have a new wishlist item or if they start/stop to work on sth

[...]

Michael