[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 28 20:38:41 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 11:32 am, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > * real mms:// support
> >
> > What's wrong with the current one? And which one are you talking about?
> > The asf over http or asf over mmst/mmsu?
>
> mmsu
> we have no mmsu supoprt at all afaik

Yes, true.
I will have a look at it once I'm done reworking the asf over http (trying to
integrate the variant of the corona server (WMS9). I have a quick fix that
will make mplayer works with corona servers, but I want to try to include
the zero buffering time they have...

Hopefully the doc from the SDP guys has more info than the last time I
check. Else I will have to do some reverse...

BTW the new WM9 (Corona) is using a standard RTSP/RTP with
both RTP/UDP and RTP/TCP, so it will maybe be easier to implement
this than the mms protocol. But RTSP will not be used with previous
WMS.

Bertrand