[MPlayer-dev-eng] Wishlist

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Wed Aug 28 20:30:42 CEST 2002

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 11:01:22AM -0700, Bertrand Baudet wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 02:39 am, Jonas Jermann wrote:
> > * write a c implementation of rtsp
>
> Hummm, what's wrong with the LIVE implementation, except it's in C++?

It's C++.

> I don't think that you realize the work that require to do an RTSP
> implementation and all the glue around.

Donno, still no reason not to put it on a wish list, svq3 is on
the list too ;)

> Actually I wouldn't mind implementating an RTSP layer (again) but I think
> the advantage of using the LIVE implementation is it almost a full
> implementation already there and already tested.

    - I always get g++ (and gcc) problems with it (cc specification
      applies only for gcc not g++, so the march=pentium3 won't work)
    - For this and other reasons (design too) I do not like c++
      code in MPlayer
    - I like builtin support more than all those external libs
    - Afaik there already is an uncomplete rtsp implementation
      from the ffmpeg project.

> > * real mms:// support
>
> What's wrong with the current one? And which one are you talking about?
> The asf over http or asf over mmst/mmsu?

mmsu isn't supported afaik.

Regards
    Jonas