[MPlayer-dev-eng] Are my patches being looked at? (vo_tdfxfb.c)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 28 20:31:40 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I fully understand...maybe the word ignored wasn't the right word.  I
> was just curious if submitted patches from new people are even
> considered (in hopes of keeping the project stable, etc).  I didn't
> mean to be impatient, just wanting to know what was up with project
> submissions.

we don't ignore patches just because you are new.
and we refuse bad patches from people already commited teens of good,
accepted patches.

we just don't commit everything asap, as some other project does.
and i won't commit patch for code i don't know and i can't test.
sometimes we do if teh patch is trivial and can't break things, but in
your case the patch was small but has multiple problematic and unexplained
lines. it's teh job of teh maintainer of the given code to review this.

you were lucky this time as alex commited it, without testing :(
anyway i don't like that memset() in a while() loop at all.

and please don't flood this maillist with 5 useless mails per second.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team