[MPlayer-dev-eng] percent of play

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Aug 27 18:39:30 CEST 2002

Hi,

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2002 at 01:38:26AM -0400, j.a.l wrote:
> > - having percent ( position ) of movie printed - while playing - is
> > interesting. Ok, i need it for my soft, but some people could have an
> > interest on that too. ( ... with your new seek command, using % ... )
>
> I sent something like this too, two times :)
>
> Don't expect it to be commited, as it will be considered a dirty hack. Until
yes.

> the demuxer layer will be reworked, forget about %'s. But it realy should be
> made available in the "patches" section of the web as I know a lot of people
> too (including me) who like to have the percentage and total movie time
> displayed.

Implement it well, then it will be commited.
I mean adding a function to demuxer.c to query movie status, like:
- percentage of playback
- length of movie
etc
it's on my demuxer TODO but i'm busy with other things and i won't start
working on demuxer extension before we switch to new interface.

maybe something like demuxer_control(demuxer,command,param) would be a good
idea, using the ioctl-like interface similar to libvo/libao2/libmpcodecs
control()

until we change demxuer API to be modularized (similar way to libmpcodecs)
you should use switch(demuxer->type) in this function

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team