[MPlayer-dev-eng] xv fullscreen switching bugs

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 20 22:24:36 CEST 2002

Hi,

xv fullscreen switching is still buggy, this is a list of bugs I noticed,
system is XFree 4.2.0, latest Savage/MX driver and KDE 3.1-alpha1:

- if I startup with mplayer -vo xv -fs movie and then press 'f' to switch back
to windowed, there are no window decorations, if I startup without -fs this
does not happen.

- if I switch from windowed to fullscreen, often some area stays blue
(colorkey) and is not set to black, switching some times between fs and
windowed usually fixes this

- if I switch very fast between fullscreen and windowed, the size of the
windowed window gets set to the size of the fullscreen area, eg. lets say I
used mplayer -vo xv -fs -screenw 800 -screenh 600 it creates a 800x600
fullscreen area with the movie at correct aspect, now if I press 'f' it goes
to windowed and shows the movie at original size, eg. 512x256, now if I
switch very fast between fs and windowed some times, then the windowed window
is set to 800x600 and the movie streched to that res (so it has also wrong
aspect then).
so in fs movie is 800x400 + black bars and in windowed it is 800x600 instead
of 512x256.

This is all probably some race condition, timing prob whatever, I leave that
to the X11 guys.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos