[MPlayer-dev-eng] Plugin for Graphics in Music Playing Mode

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Sun Aug 18 08:35:50 CEST 2002

> Hi,
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wanna know if someone is making a plugin (or
> > something) to visualize something cool (other than
> > just chars) when playing music, like those for
> XMMS or
> > WinAMP.
> >
> > If yes, let me know who and the actual stage of
> > development.
>
> Yes, planing.

:)

> > If no, where could I get info about where (in the
> > internal MPlayer structure) to get the song info
> > (album, artist, etc) and the sound waves (to
> generate
> > something that changes when the music changes). I
> know
> > C and a little of SDL.
>
> Best way to tap the audio stream is probably through
> an audio filter. I
> am developing a new audio filter layer. It is
> starting to mature, and
> will hopefully be included in mplayer within the
> next few weeks. If
> you plan to do any spectrum analysis plugins please
> contact me and I
> can get you started and help you develope it.

Please, help me learn these things! At first I'm
thinking in a simple plot of the values, then we could
improve it to some blur version or something more
cool.

> > PS.: I want to take advantage of the MPlayer
> > capabilities, like using framebuffer and others
> > (actually I'll use it in FreeVO,
> http://freevo.sf.net,
> > and it runs in framebuffer mode).
> >
> > When I mentioned it in -users list, some people
> said
> > that it doesn't belong to MPlayer, but I think it
> > does. I and many others will appreciate having
> some
> > "visual thing" while playing music.
> >
> > If someone wants to help me, I'll be glad :)
> >

> > Gustavo

Do you know if I can use the MPlayer display to
display my graphs and MPlayer takes care of displaying
it? (aalib, sdl, fbdev, xv, ...) ???