[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] hwac3 alsa9 output fix

Benedikt 'Hunz' Heinz hunz at hunz.org
Sun Aug 18 03:34:43 CEST 2002

Using the current cvs-code for hwac3-output on alsa9 fails:
I got the following errormessage:

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:926:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
open: No such device

It won't find the "hw:0,2" device and does a fallback to normal PCM instead:

alsa9: 48000 Hz/2 channels/4 bpf/16384 bytes buffer/Signed 16 bit Little
Endian
Start playing...

The soundcard then gets AC3 as PCM-data what results in ugly glitches.

I had a look at the ac3dec tool from the alsa-tools and changed MPlayer
accoringly by replacing line 501 in libao2/ao_alsa9.c ("alsa_handler =
spdif_init("hw:0,2");") to "alsa_handler = spdif_init("iec958");"

I tested it with my SBLive (with an external AC3 Denon decoder attached
to spdif-out) and Alsa9 and it plays correct now.

Maybe you want to change it in the CVS too.
I'm not on the list so if you want to reply please reply directly to me.

Thanks and continue your great work! :-)

         Hunz

--
Benedikt 'Hunz' Heinz <hunz at hunz.org>
http://hunz.org