[MPlayer-dev-eng] 10l bug in network code?

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 05:47:28 CEST 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 06:24 am, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Monday 05 August 2002 02:31, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > while reviewing teh live.com patch, i've found this in network.c,
> > seems to be some debug code, forgotten to remove:
> >
> >                 // Get the extension of the file if present
> >                 if( url->file!=NULL ) {
> >                         for( i=strlen(url->file) ; i>0 ; i-- ) {
> >                                 if( url->file[i]=='.' ) {
> >                                         extension=(url->file)+i+1;
> >                                         break;
> >                                 }
> >                         }
> >                 }
> > extension=NULL;
> >                 if( extension!=NULL ) {
> >                   mp_msg(MSGT_NETWORK,MSGL_DBG2,"Extension: %s\n",
> > extension); // Look for the extension in the extensions table ...
> >
> > note that line 'extension=NULL;'
> >
> > is it a workaround for something or it was added to test/debug something
> > and commited by accident?
>
> I guess you are right, that it's debug code, rev 1.9 to 1.10 has this:
> ---
> -//     extension=NULL;
> +extension=NULL;
>                 if( extension!=NULL ) {
> ---
>
> The commit was by Bertrand Baudet, so he should check it.

Sorry for not answering earlier, but I was in vacation...
Yes, this is my stuff.
I introduced this when I was doing the network layer, at this time
I was testing the result of the demuxer type guessing from both
extension and mime type. For now the mime type guessing is more
accurate than relying on the extension. The line "extension=NULL"
just disable the extension guessing. I can ifdef/comment out the code
section if you want.
Anyway I should have put a comment for this :p

Bertrand