[MPlayer-dev-eng] Some misc patches to fix compile/install issues in general

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Aug 14 23:17:41 CEST 2002

Hi,

> /* Fixes some include problems during compile, thanks
>  * to Gwenn Gueguen
>  */
> mplayer-0.90_pre5-widget.patch

seems to be already applied/fixed

> /* Fixes include problem - Azarah (10 Jun 2002)
>  * Update for pre6 - Azarah (07 Aug 2002)
>  */
> mplayer-0.90_pre6-stream-include.patch
imho the common gui .h file includes stream.h already, at least
it compiles fine for me without this patch

>  install:
> -	mkdir -p $(BINDIR)
> -	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(BINDIR)
> +	mkdir -p $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
> +	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix

hmm, are you sure it's ok? i should check where does the vidix driver search
for the *.so files

> -  if (spu->packet_offset == spu->packet_size){
> +//  if (spu->packet_offset == spu->packet_size){

this is BAD FIX.
it was "fixed" this way a while ago, but caused problems with some discs.
please upload dump or send me such dvd disc producing problems and i'll try
to find some better fix.

also check that the difference between packet_offset and packet_size for
those broken discs is less than 4, then i could accept something like
ABS(spu->packet_offset-spu->packet_size)<4)

actually this check is there to avoid running into broken spu packets.
some discs has spu packets over chapters (first fragment and lats in
different chapter) so at chapter switch it crashes in spudec.

>  	mkdir -p $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
> -	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix
> +	install -m 755 -s -p *.so $(LIBDIR)/mplayer/vidix || :
>  uninstall:

what the hell is this? i'm not a makefile wizard, but i can't understand
what is this || : good for.

>       guiIntfStruct.Position=0;
>       guiIntfStruct.AudioType=0;
> +#ifdef USE_DVDREAD