[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] Compilation problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Aug 11 16:55:03 CEST 2002

Hi,

> This patch was floating around on -users, it sounds reasonable, should
> we commit it?

no

>  > > So, I have to replace "-Lliba52 -la52" with "liba52/*.o"
>  >
>  > 	What you should do, and I have posted a patch a couple times for this,
>  > 	is simply change the Makefile:
>  >
>  > 		liba52/liba52.a

it seems that gnu ld/gcc accepts libs in path/libname.a form too
(the normal is -Lpath -lname). if it's supported by other cc/ld too,
then we could change all makefiles/configure to use this, better form.
anyway i think it's gnu specific, so it will cause trouble for ports.

please, people from hpux, *bsd, solaris, darwin etc check it and report if
it works or not. or we just should chaneg and then wiat for bugreports?
not a good idea so close to 0.90 release...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team