[MPlayer-dev-eng] liba52 problem

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Aug 10 20:57:12 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I was trying to play an avi with AC3 audio the other day, and I got
> nothing but noise using Mac OS X with the latest (cvs) mplayer version.
>
> It turned out the error was in liba52/imdct.c. With #define USE_AC3_C
> in place, I get nothing but noise. When I remove it, all is fine again.

hmm, it seems it switches between 2 different imdct implementation, and
with USE_AC3_C seems to use a faster one.
Anyway on x86 we're using optimzied code, never this c variants.

> Unfortunately, I've only been able to try it on two files. (How do you
> play the .ac3:s in the samples directory on the ftp-server?)
there is test.c in liba52

> I see no reason to file a "real" bug-report since I suspect it's a known
> "limitation" (portability-issue?) of the optimizations used. Perhaps
> someone with knowledge of this could add the proper #ifdef:s around
> the USE_AC_3. The CVS-log entry doesn't look too comforting though:
> "michael did port them from libac3 (untested, perhaps totally broken)". ;)
> (http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cvslog/2001-December/005154.html)
:)

> Another thing:
> A week ago I submitted a patch too improve Mac OS X support (currently, only
> full screen mode is supported, it crashes if you change to windowed mode).
> What happened with it? :)
i remember some comments on that, anyway both part (sdl and macosx) are
Atmos' part.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team