[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer-0.90pre6 patch for hpux 11.00 - developer please answer

Gansser, Martin MGansser at rand.de
Fri Aug 9 21:07:18 CEST 2002

>Hi,

>> I made a patch for HPUX 11.00 against MPlayer-0.90pre6
>>
>> the patch includes changes in the following files:
>>
>> 1. configure
>> 2. libvo/vo_sdl.c and libao2/ao_sdl.c
> this looks bogus for me:
> -#if    defined(sun) && defined(__svr4__)
> -/* setenv is missing on solaris */
> +#if    defined(sun) && defined(__svr4__) && defined(HPUX)
> +/* setenv is missing on solaris and HPUX */

> so, it should be compiled if it's SUN svr4 _and_ HPUX at the same time????
> (i don't know hpux at all, but i doubt it's a sub-variant of sun svr4,
> and even if it is, then this change will break other sun svr4 OSes)

ok, thats correct, I will make a seperate block

#if    defined(HPUX)

>> 3. libmpcodecs/native/msvidc.c ***
>>
>> *** this change is necessariy because the hpux gcc-3.1 compiler used already 'quad' declaration
>> /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/hppa2.0n-hp-hpux11.00/3.1/include/sys/types.h

> why don't you add
> #under quad
> #define quad quad_m
> at the beginning right after sys/types.h include?

because I won't never make settings in the gcc compiler header, that mean
everyone, must change this if he wants to compile MPlayer.
Please rename the 'quad' definition in msvidc.c, please.

>> compile MPlayer by setting CFLAGS:
>> # set CFLAGS= -DHPUX

> why isn't it set by ./configure then?

ok, I understand it, you mean I should set CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DHPUX"
inside of configure when HPUX is detected

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

should I make a other patch again. Thanks for your correction.

Martin