[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: UPDATED: A RTSP/ RTP streaming patch for "mplayer"

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 5 21:00:36 CEST 2002

Hi,

> >so, you could emulate old rtp:// behaviour, for people using both live.com
> >libs for rtsp and rtp:// for DVB ?
> >
> >i mean you shouldn't degrade the functionality at all
>
> When the LIVE.COM code is being used, I don't want to allow people to
> continue to say "rtp://...", because, as I've noted, it's a hack that can't
> work for arbitary RTP streams.

I understand, but i don't want people to start complaining about rtp:// no
longer works and they can't connect to dvbstream...

> However, I do want to make sure that the *functionality* of "rtp://..." -
> for receiving/playing DVB streams - is still present.  I believe that DVB
> streams (which are MPEG-2 Transport Streams, right?) can be received using

No. DVB itself uses TS in teh air, but the DVB - net gateway does ts->ps
with PID filtering, and give you multicast mpeg-ps streams.

> a SDP file of the form
>
> v=0
> m=video <port> RTP/AVP 33
> c=IN IP4 <address>/255

how does this look like for mpeg-PS streams?
do mplayer's -aid -vid -sid options still work to select audio,video,sub ?

> Trouble is, I currently have no way of testing this.  Can anyone point me

i can't, i can run dvbstream heer but i've only 64k link not really enough
for few MBit/s streams

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team