[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: UPDATED: A RTSP/ RTP streaming patch for "mplayer"

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 5 12:48:06 CEST 2002

Hi,

> >btw, now rtp:// is disabled if live.com is enabled - if your lib supports
> >rtp:// then it should really work, now it isn't accepted.
> >so, either left rtp:// code enabled, or implement rtp:// too using live.com
>
> The intention was for the "rtp://" URL hack to *not* be accepted if the

hmm

> LIVE.COM libraries are being used.  Changing the "#ifdef" typo to "#ifndef"
> - which you did - does the right thing.
>
> By the way, the reason why a "rtp://" URL is a hack is that - by specifying
> only an IP address and port number - it does not convey enough information
> to describe a RTP stream, in general.  In particular, it does not specify
> the stream's RTP payload format code, nor the RTP timestamp
> frequency.  That's why you need a SDP file, or the use of RTSP (which uses
> SDP internally), to give "mplayer" all the information that it needs.  (The
> reason why "rtp://" happened to work with the old code is that the old code
> was intended for handling MPEG Transport Streams *only*  - for which the
not transport but program streams

> RTP payload format code is fixed at 33, and the RTP timestamp frequency is
> fixed at 90000.)

hmm

so, you could emulate old rtp:// behaviour, for people using both live.com
libs for rtsp and rtp:// for DVB ?

i mean you shouldn't degrade the functionality at all

> >+      isMPEG = demux_is_mpeg_rtp_stream(demuxer);
> >+    } else
> >+#endif
> >+    isMPEG = demuxer->file_format==DEMUXER_TYPE_MPEG_ES
> >+      || demuxer->file_format==DEMUXER_TYPE_MPEG_PS;

> Actually, not.  Notice the "else" just above this.  However, this was a bit
> of a hack; I like your fix better.

right :)

> >anyway it doesn't compile... at least for me.
> >with gcc 2.95.3 it has lotsa unknown symbols at linking state,
>
> This is not good.  Are you sure it's using the various LIVE.COM
> libraries?  Could you send me the error messages that you're getting?

they include basec things line cerr, cout etc, like problem with libstdc++,
anywya i didn't have problems with other c++ codes yet. i'll look at it
later.

> >with gcc 3.1 i get compiler internal error while compiling vd_libmpeg2.c :(
>
> That should have nothing to do with my patch; I didn't modify that
> file.  Are you saying that, with gcc 3.1, you *don't* get the same error
> when compiling without my patch??

no, it's gcc 3.1 bug

i just wanted to say that i couldn't test it, so somwone please do that

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team