[MPlayer-dev-eng] libavcodec/ffodivx bugs?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Aug 2 13:53:18 CEST 2002

Hi

On Friday 02 August 2002 11:22, Daniel Egger wrote:
> Am Fre, 2002-08-02 um 01.35 schrieb Michael Niedermayer:
> > likely IDCT bug in encoder, but iam not 100% sure, it was still green
> > with the reference double precission IDCT, when i tried some time ago, i
> > should try with all IDCTs to see if any displays it correctly :(
>
> Same here, encoders were FAME, XviD, DivX4, DivX5 so I doubt it is
> something with the encoder. The files all worked fine some weeks ago.
some weeks? 7 month ago its still buggy ... but 8 month ago its fine
anyway the difference is the simple_idct, if i outcomment #define SIMPLE_IDCT
in config.h then its fine too, so it seems that we have alot of encoders with
buggy idcts :( i guess they all use the same or nearly the same idct
algorithm, i guess we should make the idct runtime selectable ...

> I've seen that green before when writing the AltiVec MC stuff and it
hmm, altivec MC for ffmpeg? ... wheres the patch? send it to the ffmpeg ML and
ill apply it

[...]

Michael