[MPlayer-dev-eng] [ANNOUNCE] MPlayer prerelease RPM packages available for testing

Kees Cook kees at outflux.net
Tue Apr 30 05:10:06 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:08:54PM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> I'm happy to announce the RPM packages for MPlayer here:
> http://home.elka.pw.edu.pl/~dmierzej/mplayer.html
> Testing experiences, comments, suggestions, etc. welcome.

Works For Me.  Very nice!  I installed only mplayer and an mplayer-font.
No special drivers for me.  I do, however, have one slightly lower
package version than the listed requirement at your URL: libgcc-3.0.1-3.
Everything seems fine, though.

Is there some kind of recommended "testing" procedure I can help with?  I
have a mess of mpg, avi, and asf files to test with, but only x11 and SDL
outputs.  So far, everything is playable just like my regular
self-compiled version.

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net