[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package - features

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Apr 29 19:08:46 CEST 2002

On Monday, 29 April 2002, Gábor Lénárt wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:29:16PM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Monday, 29 April 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > [snip]
> > > You should enable xanim, it doesn't needs any libs to compile. No new
> > > dependencies. (and please read the docs about xanim codecs)
> >
> > OK, but user will have to put the xanim codecs /usr/local/lib/xanim/mods
> > himself.
[snip]
> So with Debian it's not problem, even debian package may contains
> xanim-modules at 'suggest' field.

I know Debian is great, but I'm trying to build a package for RedHat
and I can't require a package that is not in the distribution.
Well, OK. It *is* on 7.1 Powertools CD, but since you guys require
the codecs to be named i.e. vid_iv50.xa and not vid_iv50_1.0_linuxELFx86g21.xa,
so there isn't much point anyway, is it?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>