[MPlayer-dev-eng] RPM package - features

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Mon Apr 29 18:47:37 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 06:29:16PM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 29 April 2002, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > Hi,
> [snip]
> > You should enable xanim, it doesn't needs any libs to compile. No new
> > dependencies. (and please read the docs about xanim codecs)
>
> OK, but user will have to put the xanim codecs /usr/local/lib/xanim/mods
> himself.

No, eg Debian contains a package named "xanim-modules" which is only
a downloader script with (eg) wget. Once maintainer of that package notices
that new xanim modules are released he just release a new package into
Debian with greater version number, so people doing upgrade will notice
and installer will ask to download the new modules or not.

[well in real it's a python script, not wget though :) I've just checked]

So with Debian it's not problem, even debian package may contains xanim-modules
at 'suggest' field.

- Gábor