[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH: disable stdin buffer when reading from stdin

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at dellingsoft.de
Mon Apr 29 07:20:40 CEST 2002

On Friday 26 April 2002 16:50, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On Friday 26 April 2002 13:15, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > the attached patch helps against my problem with jerky video when
> > > playing live from dvb.
> >
> > ok to apply arpi? (looks clean to me, but maybe I missed something)
>
> nope
> 1. why don't you use -cache instead?

Didin't help. Using the cache I had the same problem with stuttering video
when streaming from dvb. After some minutes it happened that the mplayer
cache was completely filled and when I wrote the next chunk of data in it it
was suddenly empty :-/
So I wrote my own extern "cache" but the situation didn't change much. Only
after disabling the stdin buffer the problems disappeared.

> 2. is it portable to all currently supported os? looks like lowlevel tty
> manipulation stuff, liek in getch2.c, one of the most difficult-to-port
> files

Don't know, at least it also exists under win32, so to me it seems to be
quite portable.

Bye
Alex