[MPlayer-dev-eng] docs: users-against-developers versus gcc-2.96-3.0

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 29 02:08:43 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I'm almost finished reworking users-against-developers.html, which is
> quite out of date now that binary redistribution is no longer a
> problem.
>
> But that's not the point.  While going over the document, I realized
> that users-against-developers.html and gcc-2.96-3.0.html have not only
> a lot in common but are in fact redundant.  users-against-developers
> describes the whole situation, gcc-2.96-3.0 gives a few more technical
> details.  Both documents reference each other by a "Also read this
> text!" link, emphasizing how closely related they are.

:)))
users-against-developers.html was written by Gabu, gcc-2.96-3.0.html by me,
earlier. to be more precise, writting gcc-2.96-3.0.html caused big flamewar
on both maillists, finally triggering gabu to write some doc about it :)

> I believe that one topic should not be covered in two different
> places.  I would therefore like to merge gcc-2.96-3.0.html into
> users-against-developers.html.  gcc-2.96-3.0.html is not very long and
> as some of it is redundant, I believe I can condense it into 20-30
> additional lines of text in users-against-developers.html.

agree, do it

> Removing the file will of course break a few links in other parts of
> the docs, but I will find and correct those in the patch.
ok

> Since this is more of a structural change than what I have done
> before, I would like to have your agreement before proceeding.
i agree

anyway these files really don't worth a single minute of work :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team