[MPlayer-dev-eng] Runtime CPU detection and fastmemcpy

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Apr 28 23:05:43 CEST 2002

On Sunday, 28 April 2002, Arpi wrote:
> you can left out xvid
> libavcodec is enough

OK.

> > What about GGI, SDL and OpenGL? I can build with the last two. GGI is not
> > in the distro.
> opengl has no any sense on linux, linux ogl drivers are shit
> it's usefull on SGI and some other playforms without Xv but good fast opengl...

OK.

> > What about ALSA, arts and NAS? I can build with arts and I don't think
> > there's any point in supporting NAS, it's no longer being developed, AFAIK.
> > ALSA is not in the distro, either.
>
> arts? mplayer has no esp or arts support

I don't know about that, I'm just reporting what I see and I see it links
against arts, but this can be disabled, so I'm disabling it.

> nas? dunno what's taht, you can left out

OK.

> alsa? yes, include it. many card has no/broken oss drivers

That could be a problem. There's no official alsa support on RH yet.
I'll make my own packages later (possibly using PLD's specfile).

> also include sdl, it has good interface to esd/arts/nas/etc

And you just wrote mplayer has no support for arts... I guess SDL
has and it links with whatever is installed on the system.

> > What about lirc? I don't have it and it's not in the distro.
> dunno

Me neither.

> > I suppose I should include vorbis ogg.
> yes

OK.

> > And, last but not least, what about win32/dshow codec support?
> yes, it is required for many new formats, like .wmv files or divx audio

Done.

> no. you should NOT touch --enable-sse etc. --enable-runtime-detection si
> enough, it will compile all extensions

OK, OK. I get the message. I just misunderstood the first time. Sorry.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>