[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATH] libmpdvdkit and tvi_bsdbt848 on NetBSD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 28 21:44:43 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > it is the same on FreeBSD, BSD/OS and maye on OpenBSD.
>
> 	How is checking for '<dvdio.h>' and '<dvd.h>' a way to test for
> 	HAVE_LINUX_DVD_STRUCT?

are you sure that dvdio.h always have bsd styl;e and dvd.h has always linux
style? and what about if none exists? cdio.h etc...
and what's on solaris? x86 and sparc too...

> 	I think we are in agreement that it is better to test for .h files
> 	rather than trying to guess an OS type.
no
i want to test for the structure itself, not the filename...

> 	Instead of "BSD" style and "Linux" style check  for <dvdio.h>, if it
> 	is present then use it without classifying the system as "BSD" or
> 	"Linux".   I doubt that a system will have both dvdio.h and dvd.h
> 	but if it does then include both of them.
>
> 	Instead of HAVE_BSD_DVD_STRUCT and HAVE_LINUX_DVD_STRUCT and
> 	DVD_STRUCT_IN_DVD_H and DVD_STRUCT_IN_BSDI_DVDIOCTL_DVD_H and so on
> 	perhaps simply HAVE_DVDIO_H and HAVE_DVD_H would be a better way?
probably, but there must be a reason why libdvdread guys choose this way.
and i don't want to change libdvdread deeply.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team