[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PATH] libmpdvdkit and tvi_bsdbt848 on NetBSD

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sun Apr 28 20:44:53 CEST 2002

Hi!

> From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
>
> from the prev patch, sugegsts that netbsd has linux-style dvd

	Ah, ok.  I have FreeBSD, Linux and BSD/OS systems but not a NetBSD
	one (yet;)).   I know FreeBSD has <dvdio.h> instead of <dvd.h>

> is there a way to detect the type of dvd struct, instead of hardwiring to
> os?

	I was going to make that suggestion ;)

	Testing for capabilities and .h files would be much better than
	hardwiring by OS type.

	My suggestion (which will work for FreeBSD and BSD/OS) is soemthing
	like this:

	Check for <dvdio.h>, if it exists then check that something like
	"struct dvd_struct foo;" will compile.   If it succeeds then "BSD"
	style is present.

	If the above does not work then look for <dvd.h> and try something
	like "dvd_struct foo;".  If that works then "Linux" style DVD handling
	is present.

	Perhaps it is also necessary to test for <cdrom.h> and <sys/cdio.h>.

	More than one capability can be set I think (a system might have
	both cdrom.h and dvd.h) - it shouldn't harm anything to include both.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com