[MPlayer-dev-eng] Runtime CPU detection and fastmemcpy

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Apr 28 11:55:06 CEST 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 05:38:36AM -0400, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > > libdvdread, libdvdnav, libmpdvdkit) it's enough to keep one (dvdkit)
> >
> > OK, but it's not in the distro. I'll have to make a package.
>
> No, dvdkit is part of the mplayer source tree, so no need to make a
> separate package, unless you really insist on it.

Hmmm, it's easily possible, in dox you can find the way not to link statically
against libmpdvdkit, so you can place it into a separated package though
in this way user MUST install that package to, since there's no dlopen()
for libmpdvdkit, like my accepted patch which makes libcss.so runtime linking
with libdl ... [though it's a bit slower in this way, imho ... but only
some function pointers ...] If you really care we should provide generic
libdl layer in mplayer to allow to load almost anything runtime with libdl,
so you needn't link against several libraries: mplayer will use them on
demand. Of course the rule of speed "static link > dynamic link > dlopen runtime"
will be true for this situation as well ...

- Gábor