[MPlayer-dev-eng] Runtime CPU detection and fastmemcpy

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Apr 27 20:42:34 CEST 2002

Hello list.
Having volunteered to maintain RedHat RPM, I'm trying to put together
a specfile that'll produce a package suitable for as many as possible.
So far I've been building only for myself.
One thing I'm not sure of, though. Is fastmemcpy capability also detected
at runtime?
Also, there's a problem with building against divx4linux, because you
can't make a package with that (well, I could provide the specfiles).
Is xvid an acceptable replacement? I've already made a package of it.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I might have some bug reports coming.
One - concerning xv: it looks like mplayer's video window "remembers"
its last size and position and any commandline option like -x, -y
or -xy is ignored, it always resizes the movie to that last used size.
Also it never keeps the movie aspect when resizing the window manually
(the image is always scaled to window size - is it a feature?).
With SDL, it's similar (in respect to resizing manually and from
commandline), although it does get the window size right at startup.
x11 sets the window size correctly with -x, -y or -xy, but requires
-vop scale to scale the image, I guess that's how it works.
All that happens both on my ATI 3D Rage Pro (Mach64) and nVidia TNT.
But, as I said, I'll give more details later.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>