[MPlayer-dev-eng] best place to analyse uncompressed frames

Brian J. Murrell 38e207710dae647c8856c97e3c2282d8 at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Apr 24 04:18:52 CEST 2002

I posted earlier about a feature in MPlayer to skip to the next black
frame (for skipping whole segments of video, commercials for
instance).  I want to give implementing it a try.  I was hoping
somebody could at least point me to the best place in the code to
start implementing.

Where would be the best place to get the uncompressed/decoded frame
for color analysis?  Ideally, this would be a place common to all
codecs so that the feature worked equally well no matter the file
format.

Once I am able to determine when a frame is black (or a near black
shade of grey) I will try being able to "skip" to a black frame, much
the same I would think as being able to skip 1 second, or 10 seconds,

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanx,
b.

--