[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer playing to fast ot /me to stupid ?, problem with decoding dvb stream

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at dellingsoft.de
Tue Apr 23 14:41:41 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 10:41, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > mplayer -srate 45000 /file.mp3), and in both cases it took 2:33.5 :-/
> > I tried with 48.000 and 47.000, and both took 2:21 :-(
>
> yep, then it's bad
>
> > It seems this soundcard doesn't support arbitrary sampling rates (are
> > there actually soundcards which support this?)
>
> yes, sblive does, as it has sw mixer for 32 (64?) channels using DSP

Ok, now I tried with a SB live! and with "-srate 47970"  it seems to work
quite good.
But still I don't feel like this is an optimal solution. Could it be possible
that such small differences vary from one card to another ?

Would it actually be possible to synchronize to the incoming dvb stream ?
If I get a mpeg audio packet containing and it is decoded, then the number of
produced samples would have to be adjusted.
Is this possible ?
Would it be possible to implement this in mplayer ?

Bye
Alex