[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] "-playlist radios.asx" crash mplayer

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Apr 22 23:37:08 CEST 2002

Hi Rémi Guyomarch,

on Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:05:28 +0200 you wrote:

> The included .asx file will crash mplayer cvs-current.
> The problem seems to be the detection of EOF. This file ends with an
> empty line and the parser/loader doesn't seem to like it.
Work just fine here. It's my file and I tested it before last commit.

> MPlayer crash in strncpy() called from line 89 of playtreeparser.c
> because line_end - p->iter == 0.
>
> I'm including a patch which seems to fix the crash but it can be total
> junk, since I can't grok a single line of this damn
> play_tree_parser_get_line() function ! ;)
This function musn't return NULL before the end of the file. With this patch
parsing will end at the first empty line. Anyway I'd like to have a bugreport
for this as I can't reproduce it, even if I put many empty line all over the file.
	Albeu