[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvd sound sync

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 22 18:16:23 CEST 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:25:05PM +0100, Sam Clegg wrote:
> Not sure if I should post this to the users list.  Apologies
> if it's the wrong list.

Yes this belongs on users.

> I have noticed that when using the CVS version of mplayer to
> play DVDs the sounds seems to 'slip'.  By this I mean that
> even after correcting it with +/- is gets more out of sync
> the more the DVD plays.
>
> The last version I have that didn't do this was 0.6.  Anyone
> else seen this?

Perhaps you forgot -framedrop? I think there's a bug that has DVD
playback considerably slower than it used to be, so your computer is
probably just too slow without frame dropping.

> Secondly, and this is probably just my fault for wanting to
> use the CVS head, I have also noticed that mencoder can no
> longer rescale my DVDs as they are ripped.  This is a more
> recent development (a week or so ago it stopped working).
> I can post the output is anyone wants it.  Has anyone else
> found that most DVDs need to be rescaled or the resulting
> divx file is vertically stretched?  The docs say this is true
> for vcds.

RTFML for info on the new filter system. Or look in DOCS/tech. The
quick answer is "-vop scale=www:hhh".

Rich