[MPlayer-dev-eng] mmst client patch and details about seek bar functionality

Bertrand Baudet bertrand_baudet at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 20:01:31 CEST 2002

On Monday 15 April 2002 10:15 pm, Abhijeet Phatak wrote:
> hi,
>
>  i hacked into mplayer and added mmst protocol support
> in it by integrating mms client code.
>  it works fine for me however i feel, there is a lot
> of scope for improvement.
>
>  please go thru it and give your feedback.
>
> find the patch to "CVS-020406-11:22-2.95.3" version of
> mplayer.

Please, do a cvs update before doing your patch, in 10 days
a lot a stuff can change.

>  replace mplayer/libmpdemux/asf_streaming.c file  by
> the supplied file in attachment.

Please create a new file asf_mmst_streaming.c and put all your
related code in it. I should rename asf_streaming.c by asf_http_streaming.c
and have the asf_streaming.c contains only the asf_streaming_start and the
shared functions with all the protocols(if there is any!)...
It's simplier for me than to try to see what you changed in asf_streaming.c
For example don't comment out the line 66:
                !strncasecmp( proto_s, "mms", 3)  ||
even if you try mms first. The reason is if someone is behind a proxy or what
ever gateway/firewall the mms protocol can be block and the mmst will failed
so we have to fall back into using http, it's why this line is there.
BTW, have you read the comment just before the asf_streaming_start
function? It explains the same this that I just wrote.
You should only have to uncomment the line 61 in asf_streaming.c to make
your tests.

> i am trying to add seek bar functionality for
> streaming type (for precorded content). I want to know
> that for seekbar options is there any need to
> re-establish connection.I tryied to find out the place
> where u r storing the files header but i could not
> find the place so please suggest me the place where i
> can find this information.I need your suggetions about
> this.

For what I recall the asf header is not saved.
For ASF/HTTP, you don't need to open a new connection,
for seeking, you just send a new HTTP request in the current connection.
I don't know about mmst.
You also need to clear the cache after you received a possitive answer from
the server.

Please redo your patch with the above changes, and I will give it a try,
thanks.

Bertrand