[MPlayer-dev-eng] [PROPOSAL] mplayer.1 (big) update

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 15 22:09:37 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I tried to improve and rewrite mplayer manpage (with help from
> Attila).

nice work, hope it won't end at Gabucino's /dev/null :)

> Questions:
>     - How should the "noflag" options be handled?
>       (Just explain not-default options?)
imho just mention that flag type (no arguments) options has -noflag negative

?

>     - How should the big options be handled, in manpage, in docs
>       or in both? (mf,tv,aop,ssf,vivo,vop,npp...)
short desc in manpage (1 line per suboption), maybe long in docs

>     - Maybe a non-alphabetical structure would be better.
>       (I have an old "new" variant of mplayer.1 without it)
dunno

>     - Shouldn't "-dumpfile" be renamed to something like
>       "-dumptofile"?
too late...
and who cares

>     - Why not remove all those (defenitve) obsolete options?
dunno. which options you think? and from code or from docs?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team