[MPlayer-dev-eng] rawrgb support

Artur Zaprzala zybi at fanthom.math.put.poznan.pl
Mon Apr 15 13:55:35 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>Mplayer can't play 16 bits/pixel uncompressed RGB AVIs (AFAIK). The
>>codec for them should be rawbgr15.
>>
>>libmpcodecs/vd_raw.c detects format correctly:
>>         case 15:
>>         case 16: sh->format=IMGFMT_BGR15; break;
>>
>>but in libmpdemux/video.c:
>>                 sh_video->format = mmioFOURCC(0, 'R', 'G', 'B') |
>>sh_video->bih->biBitCount;
>>all raw 16bpp AVIs will get IMGFMT_BGR16 format.
>

> hmm
> could you upload such 15bpp (and if you have, also 16bpp) file sample?

I uploaded to incoming 16bpp.avi, which has biBitCount=16 and should be
played with rawbgr15 videocodec (as described at
http://www.jmcgowan.com/avicodecs.html).

When playing with low fps, it becomes visible that mplayer plays the
first frame after the delay, and there is no delay after the last one.
The sleep/display sequence should be reversed.

It's nice that mplayer can finally display RGB on XV :)

--
Artur Zaprzala