[MPlayer-dev-eng] mencoder + libavcodec motion est argument

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Apr 15 00:56:55 CEST 2002

It looks like there was some flamage on the ffmpeg list about the
change in motion est api... In any case, the new me method numbers
seem to have come out to be off-by-one from the old. I would like to
propose a solution to this problem: changing the "vme" option in
lavcopts to use *names* for the methods rather than numbers. Arpi,
does this sound ok? I don't want to make changes that break old
compatibility without asking...but it seems the libavcodec people
already did that, so while compatibility is broken I figure we might
as well move to a good new system that won't break again... If it's ok
I'll commit a patch to make this change as soon as I get a chance.

Rich