[MPlayer-dev-eng] shell script for bug report

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Apr 14 00:58:47 CEST 2002

I have already said in my initial post that the script needs fine tuning.
Obviously, it has too much stuff and the useless stuff may be replaced
by more useful info.

It will be nice if each of the following points is clarified (with
examples if possible) so that we get a clear picture.

if we vote for such bugreporting solution, then the script has to
- grep out the usefull part of these infos
  (ls /lib/libc* is bad idea..., X -version is even worse)
- grep out the usefull lines of config.* files
- check if mplayer binary is compiled with debugging enabled, warn user if
not
- check if mplayer is fresh enough, refuse to bugreport if it's CVS
version
  older than 2 days or release v. older than 2 weeks
- check if user has old codecs.conf somewhere
- tells user to include description of bug, upload sample file and mplayer
  -v output.
- somehow detects audio/video driver type (alsa 0.5/0.9/oss etc) and
version
  or ask the user