[MPlayer-dev-eng] [SCRIPT] First version of MPlayer Sources to (S)VCD ripping script!

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 11 13:38:59 CEST 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 13:00, Juergen Hammelmann wrote:
> I want to provide you a bash script, which comfortably enables you
> to burn mplayer sources (DVD, MPEG, AVI, ...) to VCD or SVCD.
> I have tested this on my hiteker he-1200 dvd player, runs fine...
looks nice, but IMHO yuvdenoise should be optional, as it may degrade quality
(denoisers aways blur the image) and if used, shouldn't denoising be done
before scaling?

Also you seem to assume 48kHz samplerate, IMHO VCD/SVCD must be 44,1kHz, so
either mplayer or toolame should take care of that.

> Perhaps one can take this to a new SCRIPTS dir in mplayer sources...
we can put it to TOOLS dir, btw wouldn't mencvcd or something like that be a
better name, as  it's not limited to dvd ripping.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos