[MPlayer-dev-eng] fixing mencoder

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 10 21:57:35 CEST 2002

Hi,

> anyway, i guess i'll leave things as they are for now. let me know if
> the hack i put in mencoder is ok as-is -- i just made it always add a
> format filter converting to yv12 when the encoder is lavc or divx, and
> force out_fmt to yv12. this seems to work fine for me.

why ppl think that -vop format is format _converter_? it is NOT.
it just set format to exactly something, yuy2 by default.
for example, -vop format=yuy2 will forve yuy2 to be used by the next filter,
or libvo. usefull for cards/drivers with slow yv12, like tdfx.

for conversion, use -vop scale.

maybe i should rename filters...
-vop format_is_not_a_format_converter and -vop
scale_and_or_format_conversion

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team