[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] sig11 when seeking in audio-only AVI

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 8 21:09:14 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > > This is an AVI created by 3pass encoding's first pass.
> > > Then playing it with MPlayer and trying to seek:
> > audio-only AVI rotfl (and nonsense)
> 1. why? What if I want audio-only AVI?
because
1. avi = audio video interleaved
2. avi fileformat spec defines one and only one mandatory video stream
3. the real 'audio-only avi' is called .wav and has a bit different
   (simpler) header

#

> 3. printf "Seeking is not possible in this file, because..." ; dontseek
it shouldn't even open such file as it's trivially broken
i can't even imagine how to create such file

> 4. fix it :) ah, just joking ;)
i won't

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team