[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvdnav support?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Apr 7 19:17:43 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Does anyone want to help make these things available?  To get proper
> support for libdvdnav, mplayer needs a bunch of things added to the
> demuxers:
>
> - set a flag that means "play until video buffers are empty, repeating the
>   last frame until told to continue".
i still think it's video.c job
i'll help with this, later, now i'm busy with libmpcodecs for a while

> - restart audio/video demuxers, possibly with a new stream id (which
>   could mean different bitrates, channels, etc).
i still don't think the demuxers have to be restarted
especially as for mpeg-ps, no audio and video demuxre, there is a single
demuxer which reads single steram and put packets to a/v/s queue

you mean restarting codecs, right?

> - spudec needs to track all SPUs, and only render those that have
>   been requested.
>
> I'm going to try working on this last item, since that doesn't need the
> still image support for at least one of my DVDs.
>
> Also, Apri, I might want to take a stab at that generalized OSD framework
> you suggested, since I think the spudec stuff might fit in with it.  Has
> anyone else offered to rewrite the OSD stuff?
not yet

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team