[MPlayer-dev-eng] dvdnav support?

Kees Cook mplayer at outflux.net
Sun Apr 7 18:49:27 CEST 2002

Does anyone want to help make these things available?  To get proper
support for libdvdnav, mplayer needs a bunch of things added to the
demuxers:

- set a flag that means "play until video buffers are empty, repeating the
  last frame until told to continue".
- restart audio/video demuxers, possibly with a new stream id (which
  could mean different bitrates, channels, etc).
- spudec needs to track all SPUs, and only render those that have
  been requested.

I'm going to try working on this last item, since that doesn't need the
still image support for at least one of my DVDs.

Also, Apri, I might want to take a stab at that generalized OSD framework
you suggested, since I think the spudec stuff might fit in with it.  Has
anyone else offered to rewrite the OSD stuff?

--
Kees Cook                                            @outflux.net