[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvfilter-0.1.tar.gz

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Apr 6 01:21:04 CEST 2002

Hi,

Fredrik implemented the vidoe filter layer (not completed yet) but _IMHO_ in
a messy way, at least there are ugly things. But his patch was a very good
startpoint, has some good ideas! First I started to cleanup his patch, then
switched to something new, but still very similar to his idea.
My implementation is in the middle - it's a new library, instead placing
stuff into libmpcodecs (as I wanted) or libvo (as Fredrik did).
It is not finished yet (it compiles itself, and should work, but not yet
linked to mplayer/mencoder code, i'll finish it today and/or tomorrow).
I've uploaded the preview edition to mphq incoming, name: libvfilter-0.1.tar.gz

design ideas:
- I've moved mpcodecs_get_image to vfilter.
- vf_instance_t is a struct filled when creating (opening) a new filter. a
filter can be opened more than once. this struct contains both func pointers
(some of them can be NULL, and there are fallback functions for the others),
plugin data (get_image context, priv*) and pointer to the underlaying filter.

there is a special filter: vf_vo.c
it is a wrapper to libvo. there will be another special filter: vf_encode,
for use with mencoder. but maybe each codec will have its own vf_* later...

the main differences to Fredrik's patch:
- I use linked list of filters instead of array - makes possible to easily
  insert/remove filters runtime, even from a filter plugin (like colorspace
  conversion)
- There will be a vifeo filter _always_ enabled, the libvo wrapper. it
  simplifies code a lot - we don't need libvo stuff, nor 'global' get_image
  in libmpcodecs.
- simplified control(), removed the va_args stuff. it just makes us mad
  and has no real sense, it will never work well with current libvo api :(

TODO:
- -vop option parsing
  note: we should use the subconfig code from configparser, if possible
- vf_free_filter (easy)
- update libmpcodecs to call vf_* functions instead of libvo

I'm interested in opinions, ideas, etc.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team