[MPlayer-dev-eng] lavc divx5 decoding bug on AMD ?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 4 21:10:30 CEST 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 20:32, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One hungarian user uploaded sample file and screenshots (-vo png sequence)
> of decoding divx5 with libavcodec. It looks like bug in motion
> compensation, the moving parts are ghost-like.
>
> The most interesting thing is that I couldn't reproce the bug, the same
> .avi file plays fine for me on P4. He has AMD k7. So I asked him to make
> shots with -vo png...
>
> Maybe bug in 3dnow optimization, or some non-p3 optimized (mmx/c) code.
>
> mphq incoming, cats.avi (video) and cats.tar.gz (-vo png images)
>
> Could someone with AMD check and confirm ?

eeh, he's using outdated libavcodec cvs, bug was fixed some days ago by
Michael (look at his mplayer-cvs date it's 02-03-17).

Btw. when will you readd postprocessing to libmpeg12 and libavcodec, currently
none of them calls postprocess.

The question is where to apply pp so that's the problem I had, maybe in
libmpeg12 when copying from current to display or move pp out to libvo layer,
dunno.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos