[MPlayer-dev-eng] lavc divx5 decoding bug on AMD ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Apr 4 20:32:49 CEST 2002

Hi,

One hungarian user uploaded sample file and screenshots (-vo png sequence)
of decoding divx5 with libavcodec. It looks like bug in motion compensation,
the moving parts are ghost-like.

The most interesting thing is that I couldn't reproce the bug, the same
.avi file plays fine for me on P4. He has AMD k7. So I asked him to make
shots with -vo png...

Maybe bug in 3dnow optimization, or some non-p3 optimized (mmx/c) code.

mphq incoming, cats.avi (video) and cats.tar.gz (-vo png images)

Could someone with AMD check and confirm ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team