[MPlayer-dev-eng] SPU pts ?

Kim Minh Kaplan kmkaplan at selfoffice.com
Wed Apr 3 23:48:58 CEST 2002

Arpi writes:  > huh?  > your mail seems to be a bit broken...
Argl, here I try again.   Arpi writes:

> What about this change, introduced by the new dvdnav patch?
>
> -    spudec_heartbeat(vo_spudec,100*d_video->pts);
> +    spudec_heartbeat(vo_spudec,90000*d_video->pts/1024);
>
> afaik SPU uses 1/100 seconds as base timer, but maybe
> not... where is that 90000/1024 coming from? any -reliable_ docs
> on this topic?

Indeed, this patch seems wrong.  Why is this needed?  The
subtitles seemed correctly synced with the movie without it.

Here are some references I found not that they are very reliable,
but this is a start:
<URL:http://www.educatorscorner.com/tools/lectures/slides/pdf/MPEGtutorial1.pdf> page 16, RFC2038,
<URL:http://members.aol.com/mpucoder/DVD/spu.html>.

Mmm, smells like the « date » part of the SPU control
header may ne
After reading Kees Cook reply I realize that there is probably a
need for such a correction, but it would only occur in spudec
(that's date I was writing about in the preeceding paragraph), not
in the PTS delivered by the MPEG stream.

Kim Minh.