[MPlayer-dev-eng] Bugfix (sig11 if sdl, rgb and resize)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Sep 26 19:59:04 CEST 2001

On Wednesday 26 September 2001 13:06, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Tuesday, 25. September 2001 22:16, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > ok, it'll be changed in cvs with the next commiting of local changes
> > > (have other unfinished changes...).
> >
> > the priv->dblit=0 variant?
> > it does an extra copy pass, and is slower (x2)!
> > the second percent number (video_out cpu usage according to the faq)
> > increased from 4-5% to 8% on my test movie.
>
> yes, but I think it's endian independent then.

more bugs ...
1. video_out cpu usage doesnt count the time spent in flip_page
2. rgbsurface isnt aligned correctly

i did a few more speed tests ...
memcpy to priv->surface needs 4-5%
SDL_CreateRGBSurfaceFrom & SDL_BlitSurface 8%
memcpy to priv->rgbsurface needs 8%
memcpy to priv->rgbsurface+24 needs 4% (neeeds to be aligned at 32byte?)
SDL_BlitSurface from rgbsurface to surface needs 12%

the best solution IMHO for rgb would be to do a memcpy if possible (completly
identical formats) and if thats not possible than SDL_CreateRGBSurfaceFrom &
SDL_BlitSurface is next best, and could be used for rgb format conversation
too.

Michael