[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] The future of framebuffer

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Sep 26 11:32:36 CEST 2001

Hello!
Any comments, please!

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:51:04 +0200
From: Romain Dolbeau <dolbeau at irisa.fr>
To: Nick Kurshev <nickols_k at mail.ru>
Subject: Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] The future of framebuffer

Nick Kurshev wrote:

> 1. What about adding video extensions to devfb?

Well, it would need a standard way of querying the video
capability of the chip and using it. Not easy...
I've written a draft proposal for that, amd implemented
it in pm3fb (my fb driver for the permedia3), but it still
needs discussion. If there's interest in it, the likely
target would be kernel 2.5.x in Ruby (the new framebuffer
layer, see <http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxconsole/>

Appended is the preliminary include file.

Any comment/criticism/improvement/advice very much welcome.

--
DOLBEAU Romain               | l'histoire est entierement vraie, puisque
ENS Cachan / Ker Lann        |     je l'ai imaginee d'un bout a l'autre

Best regards! Nick